Friday, April 25, 2008

ISR Swim Lessons-- Week 1

Here is a video from Tanner's swim lesson today. I recorded Kaden's lesson today too, but the disc in my camcorder is all messed up, so you will have to wait for that video until I can get Aaron's help to get it off the disc. This is his 5th lesson and he is definitely making progress. I know some of you are going to think that this is very cruel and mean, but just remember..they are teaching him how to survive in the water! I will video every Friday and post it so you can all see Kaden's and Tanner's progress!
I encourage everyone with small children to look into these type of lessons.
Here are a few statistics on drowning....
**Of all preschoolers who drown, 70 percent are in the care of one or both parents at the time of the drowning and 75 percent are missing from sight for five minutes or less.
Orange County, CA, Fire Authority
**A swimming pool is 14 times more likely than a motor vehicle to be involved in the death of a child age 4 and under.
Orange County California Fire Authority



6 comments:

mom&dad said...

That's our brave boy Tan Tan. Papa and Grandma LOVE YOU and Kaden so.... much! We miss you lots!

Jen said...

Hey there! Thanks for your comment on my page about ISR! I will be finishing my in-water training to become an ISR instructor tomorrow....I am so very excited!!! Good for you for putting them in the program!!

I am going to come back and visit every Friday so I can check their progress!!

Sunny Jo said...

Wow, that was AMAZING!! GO TAN TAN!! I need to get my girls in this!!

The Welch Family said...

He is doing wonderful! but i have to admit i got a little nervous when he struggled for a few seconds.. my heart was pounding! I need to talk shane into this because while aspen was watching i told her she needs lessons and she started throwing a fit! I'm excited to see how kadens doing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that is awesome , but nerve racking. Way to go Tan Tan. Love you guys! :)

Blessings From Above said...

Wow, a little nerve wracking to watch. But, after reading your statistics about drowning - very necessary. I'll have to look into ISR lessons in my area.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.