Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bad News

We have a fallen Superhero. Yesterday we had an accident trying to be Superman, jumping from the coffee table. Apparently Kaden was trying to help Tan Tan jump off the table and he fell. We don't know exactly what happened, but Tanner has a broken leg! Ok, not just a broken leg, but a broken femur (the upper bone in his thigh). We are so devastated that this could happen to our little man...it breaks our hearts to see him in pain. We took Tanner to the ER right after it happened because we knew something wasn't right, he didn't really cry, he just wasn't being himself. They had to transfer him by ambulance to Florida's Children's hospital to see an orthopedic doctor. When the Dr. came in, he said that Tanner would have to be in a cast covering his hips and both his legs for about 6-8 weeks! They took Tanner into the operating room this morning to cast him, when the Dr. came out, he said there there is a possibility that he would only have to wear it for 3 weeks! YEAH! That was a HUGE relief! Not sure how we are going to do this, but we will figure it out! Talk about feeling like the worst parent in the world! Here are a few pics of our little man.
Tanner right after the recovery room after the casting

A half smile, trying to be such a good boy! Hanging out with Woody and Bullseye
Finally....at home resting

9 comments:

Katheryn Snyder said...

I just can't believe it!! I'm heartbroken!!! Poor little guy!!!! We're all praying for a speedy recovery!!

Briesa said...

ahhh Tam, my eyes started tearing up when I was reading this. First.... you are not the worst parent in the world... you are the best and don't you ever forget it! He is lucky to have the family he does that noticed when something was not right.
Big hugs

Anonymous said...

Sorry Super Man, even Super Heros get boo boo's. We love you!

Heather and Adam Parry said...

Your mom just told me what happened and I had to come see if you blogged it. I can't believeit. We'll pray that it is for the 3 weeks not the 6. Good luck!! Don't forget that we all have those "oops" moments, when we think we are the worst parents. He will just have awsome stories to tell when he grows up. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

No one can keep a super hero down! Tammy and Aaron you are the Very Best of Parents! Kids will be kids! You can't keep them in a plastic bubble safe from the pit falls of growing up! Give both our super heros all our LOVE, and all our LOVE to you and Aaron!!! Love you all! MOM AND DAD

The Mom Jen said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry this happened! I hope those 3 weeks go by so quickly!

HUGS!!

Sunny Jo said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! Are you kidding me? Is he doing ok, are you doing ok? Poor little guy!! Im so sorry!!
Give him a big hug and kiss from us!! Im calling you right now...

Carlye Momma said...

Oh my heck I'm balling right here! Poor sweet baby! K A: You are SO not the worst parent in the world! These things just tend to happen...no matter how much we try to do to prevent it...and 2: at least you know he won't try doing that again! :-) I'm so sorry you're going through that! I will keep him in my prayers.

xoxoxoxo

Roger Gibson said...

Oh wow, poor Tanner! That is a serious looking cast. I hope it turns out to only be the 3 weeks but my heart goes out to you guys.