Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Boy's Trip -- Alaska

Aaron just returned from a 9 day long trip from Alaska where he fished the Kenai river for Salmon and went deep sea fishing for Halibut. They also checked out some Glaciers and saw sled dogs...sorry not very descriptive, but I really don't know what all they did and trying to find time for Aaron to explain it to me is way too much work! Sorry there are so many pictures, but it looked so pretty I couldn't choose just a few.
















Aaron with his brother Deryl and nephews Jason & Bracken

Aaron's big salmon he caught on the Kenai River


Deryl's baby trout

I love this pic...it is so pretty!


Aaron's halibut-- about 30 lbs each

The sled dogs

Bracken holding the puppy

Jason, Aaron & Bracken

Floating ice

8 comments:

Jen said...

Cool pics! Looks so pretty out there, but cold!

Katheryn Snyder said...

So beautiful!! Glad the boys had a chance to do that with Grandma and Grandpa! We're so nice to let them go! :)

The Mom Jen said...

Stunning shots! But BRR! I bet that was a once in a lifetime experience!

Briesa said...

Oh my gosh, did Braken steal that puppy - because he should have!!!
And look at Aaron holding up that Salmon, blood drippen down his hands, you have such a manly man Tam :)
What an awesome adventure to go to Alaska, I am jealous.
Love ya

The Welch Family said...

What beautiful pics! I love the the shot of aaron with his big fish and then deryl with his little fish! Shane would love to do a trip like that!

Roger Gibson said...

Dude, I'm totally jealous Aaron. That looks like complete paradise to me!! -- Rog Dog

Paula Snyder said...

What a group of handsome guys!!! I love each one of them so much and I am happy that they could spend the time with each other. They needed some guy time together.

Sunny Jo said...

Oh, Beautiful Alaska!! I want to go back!!! Looks like they had a TON of fun!! Hope u did ok without him!!:)
It was So great to talk to u the other day, I miss u girl!!!